Bird Watcher Supply Shop
Wild Bird Food & Seed
Feeding backyard wild birds. Bird feeders for hummingbird, platform seed hopper, squirrel proof, decorative, window, Droll Yankees and garden bluebird feeders to purchase online.
Food Chart to attract wild birds
A chart list of species of common backyard bird species and types of food you can use to attract them. We all love the sound of birds, so try these to attract songbirds to your yard.
- Bushtit - Bread, sunflower seeds, bird seed mixes
- Baltimore Oriole - Suet, orange halves, nectar
- Brown Thrashers - Orange halves, cracked corn
- Buntings - Sunflower seeds, safflower, apple, fruit, suet, millet, bread, peanuts
- Cardinals - Cracked corn, nuts, sunflower seeds, safflower, millet, peanuts, apple, bread
- Cat Birds - Raisins, grapes, orange halves, suet
- Chickadees - Peanut kernel, sunflower seeds, suet, bread, safflower
- Cowbirds - Cracked corn
- Creepers - Suet, suet mix, sunflower seeds, nuts, cracked corn, bread
- Crows - Bread, scraps, corn, suet, baked goods
- Doves - Cracked corn, sunflower seeds, milo, bread, thistle, nuts
- Downy Woodpeckers - Sunflower seeds, corn, cornbread, peanut butter, suet, shelled peanuts
- Finches - Thistle nyjer, sunflower hearts, black-oil sunflower seed, millet, canary seed, fruits, peanuts, suet mixes
- Finches, Eastern Goldfinch - Thistle nyjer, sunflower hearts, black-oil sunflower seed, millet, canary seed, fruits, peanuts, suet mixes
- Flycatchers, Phoebes - Bees, wasps, ants, mealworms
- Grackles - Sunflower seeds, bread, baked goods
- Grosbeaks - Sunflower seeds, safflower, apple, fruit, suet, millet, bread, peanuts
- Hummingbirds - Plant nectars, small insects, sugar water
- Jays - Peanuts, sunflower, suet, meat scraps, corn, baked goods
- Juncos - Millet, sunflower seeds, cracked corn, peanuts, bread, baked goods, nut meats, thistle, suet
- Kinglets - Suet, bread
- Magpies - Table scraps, suet, peanuts, bread, baked goods
- Mockingbirds - Halved apples, fruit, bread, suet, sunflower seeds, nuts
- Mourning Dove - Millet, thistle, sunflower chips, safflower, cracked corn
- Nuthatches - Suet, suet mix, sunflower seeds, nuts, cracked corn, bread
- Pigeons - Cracked corn, sunflower seeds, milo, bread, thistle, nuts
- Pigeons, Doves - Millet, cracked corn, wheat, milo, niger, buckwheat, sunflower, baked goods
- Quail, Pheasants - Cracked corn, millet, milo, wheat, berries
- Red Bellied Woodpeckers - Suet, sunflower seeds, peanuts, orange halves, safflower, cracked corn
- Robins - Suet, suet mixes, mealworms, berries, baked goods, chopped fruits, soaked raisins, currants, nutmeats, sunflower hearts
- Roadrunners - Meat scraps, suet, hamburger
- Rufhouse Sided Towhee - Bird seed mixes, thistle, sunflower seeds, millet, cracked corn
- Siskins - Thistle nyjer, sunflower hearts, black oil sunflower seed, millet, fruits, peanut kernels, suet mixes
- Song Sparrows - Sunflower seeds, seed mixes, bread, thistle, millet
- Sparrows - Millet, peanut kernels, suet, bread, canary seed, sunflower seed
- Starlings - Bread, scraps, suet, cracked corn
- Stellers Jays - Nuts, scraps, suet
- Tanagers - Suet, fruit, sugar water, mealworms, bread
- Thrashers - Halved apples, fruit, bread, suet, sunflower seeds, nuts
- Thrushes - Suet, suet mixes, mealworms, berries, baked goods, chopped fruits, raisins, currants, nutmeats, sunflower hearts
- Titmouse - Sunflower seeds, suet, bread, safflower, peanuts, peanut kernel
- Towhees - Millet, sunflower seeds, peanuts, grapes, cracked corn, suet
- Tree Sparrows - Wild bird seed mixes, millet
- Warblers - Suet, suet mix, water, fruit, breads, sugar water, nut pieces
- Waxwings - Berries, raisins, sliced apple, canned peas, currants, grapes
- Western Tanagers, Scarlet Tanagers - Orange halves, grapes
- White Breasted Nuthatches - Peanuts, sunflower seeds, suet, safflower
- Woodpeckers - Insects, fruit, sunflower seeds, meat scraps, suet, nuts, sugar water
- Woodpeckers, Hairy - Sunflower seeds, nuts, cheese, apples, bananas, suet, peanut butter
- Woodpeckers, Pileated - Suet
- Woodpeckers, Red Headed - Suet, fruits
- Wrens, Carolina - Suet, sunflower chips, fruit
- Yellow Bellied Sapsuckers - Nuts, suet, fruit
Bird Seed Blends & Mixes - Bird seed mixes and blends for the best choice in backyard bird feeding! These blends allow for catering to attracting particular birds or for use in specialty feeders, or just to offer up the foods your birds like best.
Fruits & Fruit Mix - Offering a fruit food appeals to those birds who eat primarily or only fruits and berries. Some species such as robins, waxwings, bluebirds, and mockingbirds do not visit bird feeding stations often but may stop to enjoy a fruit treat.
Mealworms & Insect Foods - These foods include mealworms, insects and insect blends. The favorite food of bluebirds! Many visitors to feeders such as chickadees, bluebirds, wrens and woodpeckers will all also eat insects.
Premade Hummingbird, Oriole Nectar Mix - Pre-mixed nectar solutions or powdered concentrate nectar blends to mix yourself for hummingbird and oriole feeders. Oriole nectar in their preferred orange flavored and hummingbird nectar designed for them.
Nuggets, Corn & Food Spreads - Nuggets and spreads in peanut, berry, insect and bluebird best flavors! Also a sampler pack.
Nuts, Peanuts & Mixes - Many birds can be exclusive in their diets and prefer fruits and nuts to traditional seed offerings. While species such as woodpeckers and nuthatches will visit a seed feeder, they often prefer nuts to seeds.
Bird Seeds - Pure Seeds - Pure wild bird seed for those who prefer to offer a single type of seed in a feeder. Some feeders such as tube feeders are perfect for sunflower hearts, or if you wish to attract a particular songbird with their favorite foods.
Seed Blocks - Seed blocks are an easy way to be able to provide food for backyard birds and wildlife. They are simple, quick, less mess and easy to use. Simply open the package, slip the blocks into your seed block feeder and watch the birds enjoy!
Storage & Dispensers for Birdseed - Keep bird seed safe from insects, damp and critters who try to raid supplies. Bird seed should be kept dry and stored where bugs and moths can not get into them. Seed scoops are available for easy feeder filling.
Suet Cakes, Balls & Plugs - Suets and suet dough mixes in cakes, balls or plugs. No melt dough for warmer temperatures and true suet for when the weather is cooler.